General Dentistry in Adelphi, MD
You can consider general health a blanket term, but general dentistry is more important than any other type of dental practice when it comes to your oral health. General dentistry aims to prevent oral disease and provide dental solutions to your entire family using various techniques and technologies.
As a general dentist in Adelphi, MD, Ashley Dental Center strives to help its patients maintain a beautiful and healthy smile. We encourage good oral health in the dental office and outside of it.
What is General Dentistry?
A general dentist will evaluate your dental health, provide professional cleaning, and provide dental solutions to correct any dental issues. And general dentistry also covers a lot more than this. Available dental procedures include various services to help you focus on continued oral health. These can range from preventative services, such as taking x-rays all the way through to vital services, such as fixing dentures or crowns, and cosmetic procedures. And good general dentistry can also mean good overall health. Poor dental hygiene can lead to various diseases which can affect your entire body.
What are the Benefits of General Dentistry in Silver Springs?
General dentistry provides a wide array of benefits to any patient:
- We give a thorough evaluation of your mouth, including your teeth, gums, and tissues around your mouth. Your dentist can look for bacteria build-up and advise you on maintaining your oral hygiene.
- Our dental professionals can help to prevent significant complications, such as oral infections and even cancers.
- Our state-of-the-art techniques and technology can help our professionals detect infections or cavities at the earliest possible stages. We can usually reverse any dental problems, especially when it comes to gingivitis or cavities.
- If you have a dental issue that is not reversible, we can often correct it through tooth extraction and restorative dentistry. Dental fillings, implants, veneers, bridges, and crowns are some of the ways to restore teeth to their former glory.
What are the Procedures of General Dentistry?
- Preventative services. These are the types of services to help you prevent dental problems rather than treat them. Preventive services include regular exams and diagnostic images. They may also give you treatment, such as a sealant to help prevent cavities, provide you with a custom-made mouthguard if you lead an active lifestyle or play sports.
- Cosmetic procedures, including cosmetic bonding, teeth whitening, or veneers, are critical components of general dentistry. Cosmetic procedures are integral for individuals concerned with the color of their teeth or their smile.
- Restorative services. These include removing tooth decay and placing a filling in the tooth. Some practices can reverse the causes of tooth pain. In addition to this, there are advanced treatments such as orthodontics, dental implants, and root canal therapy.
- We help with general health concerns, including advice from your dentist. It’s important to remember that the mouth can be the starting point for many health problems. For example, untreated oral infections can result in poor control of diabetes. General dentists are trained to recognize these issues and offer guidance or treatment when necessary.
Excellent General Dentistry for Excellent Overall Dental Health
To prevent dental concerns, remember to practice general dentistry at home by brushing, flossing, and mouthwash twice a day. Additionally, it would help if you visited Ashley Dental Center every six months for a dental cleaning and exam.
General dentistry is the cornerstone of excellent oral health. At Ashley Dental Center, we provide quality dental services to the people of Silver Springs, Maryland. We’ll help you maintain a healthier smile.
If you are looking for a General Dentist, contact us today.